8 Reasons to Invest in Content Marketing in 2019
It’s 2019 and if you’re still not doing content marketing, we are surprised you made it this far without (a) wasting a ton of marketing dollars, and (b) losing out on opportunities.
Simply because people no longer buy the way they used to before, your chances of winning them over with traditional marketing tactics are fast declining. With more control over what they would like to see and read before making a purchase, customers are actively choosing to bypass in-your-face advertisements. They switch channels, run off to grab snacks or take a toilet break during TV commercials. More than 615 million devices have some type of adblocker installed on them. 91% of people feel ads are more intrusive today than before and over 70% hate being subjected to pop-up ads. Not surprisingly, Google hates them too.
Instead, 70% of consumers choose to learn about a product from an article rather than an ad. They want to have all the information they need to make an informed choice. And, they are not quick to give away their trust to businesses.
The scenario is not too different in the B2B landscape.
According to a Forrester report, 60% of B2B customers don’t prefer to communicate with sales reps as their primary information source and 68% of them do online research on their own. They no longer fall for the silver-tongued sales pitch.
These are some of the reasons why content marketing is far more effective (and cheaper) than traditional advertising and marketing approaches. With the right content marketing strategies, you can create awareness about your brand, attract leads, convert them into loyal customers and encourage them to become lifelong advocates of your brand. No wonder, more businesses than ever are investing in content marketing.
According to Content Marketing Institute’s latest survey report, both B2C and B2B businesses are increasing their content marketing budget in 2019. If you haven’t stepped into this arena yet, here are some of the biggest reasons for you to do so this year.
1. Content marketing works for less
There’s enough evidence that content marketing works and it works for one very simple reason — it’s what customers want. Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing, but generates about 3 times as many leads. It even topples paid search — one of the fastest traffic-generating marketing techniques today — in terms of cost-efficiency and returns. Content marketing is estimated to cost 31% less than paid search campaigns for a mid-sized company but delivers 3x more leads than paid search per dollar spent.
2. It is way less intrusive and annoying
As we mentioned, people hate advertising. They don’t like being sold to. Content marketing, on the other hand, is way less intrusive when it comes to making people aware about a brand, product or service. It helps you to educate and entertain your audience, enabling you to build their trust while subtly putting your brand in front of them.
3. Content marketing serves both your audience and business
Few marketing techniques can be aligned as brilliantly to your customers’ needs and your business goals as content marketing. When you’re doing it the right way, it gives your business an edge over competition, helping you grow your leads and sales. Simultaneously, it also delivers the value your audience desires and deserves. Simply put, it’s a win-win.
4. Content marketing supports what Google wants
Brands and businesses scramble and fight to grab the coveted top spot on Google’s search engine results page (SERP). But the search engine giant has one very simple goal when it comes to ranking websites: It wants its users to find exactly what they are looking for quickly and easily.
Content marketing, when done right, follows Google’s footsteps in helping readers find the most relevant, useful, and interesting information. When you are able to achieve this through your content marketing efforts, you have better chances of being preferred by Google and making your way up on the search rankings.
5. Content is essential for SEO success
You must have heard that you need SEO for building a solid web presence. That’s true but it’s also a fact that you cannot succeed doing SEO without content marketing. SEO and content marketing are not the same thing, but they go hand in hand. If you’re hoping to see results simply by doing SEO, you’ll probably see a small improvement in your site’s ranking but it won’t take you any further.
6. It brings your customers to you, rather than you chasing them
If you’ve done cold calls or sent cold emails, you know how hard it is to get customers to listen or pay attention, let alone respond to your proposal. The biggest problem with cold sales outreach is that it’s almost like shooting in the dark. You don’t know whether you’ll hit the target.
Content marketing helps you target potential customers in a way that drives them to you when they are ready to buy. Instead of forcing a customer to buy, content marketing is all about creating value. Through useful and relevant content, you can build your reputation as a though-leader and reputable entity in your industry — one that customers can trust and turn to when they need a solution.
7. Content marketing impacts your sales
As a business owner, marketing that can increase sales is probably all that matters to you. Content marketing has proven to be winning strategy in this aspect too. Businesses that rely on content marketing enjoy conversion rates 6x higher on average than those who do not practice any form of content marketing. The immediate impact of effective content can be tremendous — more than 60% of online consumers made a purchase after reading recommendations on a blog. In fact, Nielsen reports that, today consumers are 5X more dependent on content than before.
8. It works for all
Content marketing works exceptionally well for all types of businesses. Unlike traditional advertising mediums like TV and billboard ads that are often beyond the reach of small businesses, content marketing levels the playing field. While it enables startups and SMEs to compete with bigger brands, it helps big businesses to break into niche markets. So whether you’re a big fish in a small pond or a little fish trying to fight it out with the sharks, content marketing is worth a try.
It’s hard to ignore these benefits of content marketing if you’re planning to make 2019 a successful year for your business. But if you need a head start to plan out an efficient and practical content marketing strategy or engage a partner who can do it all for you, get in touch with us.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) What is it!
Nowadays, nearly all digital marketing teams are being created to drive traffic towards the websites, which further converts into leads for their sales team to close. As this process begins to deliver the desired outcomes, digital marketers then try to generate even more web traffic to garner more success. Few digital marketing teams concentrate on acquiring more from the existing web traffic. This is where Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) comes in.
In this blog post, you will get to know everything about CRO-what it attains, the need to do it and how your digital marketing team can implement it to drive more outcomes from your current web traffic so that your content can work smarter, rather than harder, for your company.
Understanding Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO):
Several websites are being tailored to convert the website visitors into permanent customers. These conversions happen all over the website- on its homepage, blog, package page and landing pages and all of these web-pages can further be optimized for a higher quantity of conversions. The procedure of optimizing these conversions is exactly what Conversion Rate Optimization entails. CRO is a massive and is an untapped opportunity for the digital marketing teams across the globe, and you would be amazed with the gigantic impact you could attain through modifying your website for conversions.
When the Conversation Rate Optimization is Right for Your Company?
As your current sales and marketing engine magnetizes the website visitors that constantly convert into leads for your sales team, you must commence pondering about CRO. Nearly all companies have a restricted requirement for their products and services, so it is very important that you reap maximum benefits from your existing website traffic.
As you find out the brink of your customer needs, it is the right time to pin down how to acquire more from your existing website traffic. Check out the following three formulas that can help you to find out the right approach to handle CRO at your business enterprise and the objectives to set:-
• New profits goal ÷ average sales price = total number of new customers.
• Total Number of new customers ÷ lead to customer close rate % = lead objective.
• Leads generated ÷ website traffic X 100 = conversion rate in percentage.
If you manage to increase the conversion rate from 1% to 2% then, you can double your leads and customers. Just trying to drive more website traffic is not necessarily the correct approach. CRO is about acquiring more benefits from what you currently have and making it work way better for you than before.
If you are ready to take the initial steps towards CRO at your organization then, check out the vital CRO strategies below for 2018 and start implementing them right away.
Significant Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies to Try Hands on In 2018:
• Make Text-Based CTAs In Blog Posts: It is a great strategy to include Call-To-Action (CTA) in your blog posts, but it often fail to attract the target and to compel them for taking the expected course of action. The lack of attention, combined with the fact that website visitors do not always read the entire blog post because they “bite” on content, which means you need to employ a new approach. This is where the text-based CTA comes to your rescue. Write a standalone line of text hyperlinked with a landing page and fashioned as an H3 or an H4 tag to watch whether they can convert more web traffic into leads compared to the regular CTAs given at the bottom of the web-pages.
• Comprise Lead Flows In Your Blog: Another strategy that every digital marketer must consider is to comprise lead flows in their blog. Basically, these are high-converting pop-ups custom-made to draw attention and deliver high value. Digital marketers can choose from a slide-in box, drop-down banner or pop-up box, according to their offer. You can achieve around 192% higher click-through-rate and 30% more submissions compared to a standard CTA given at the bottom of your blog post.
• Test your Landing Pages: Landing pages are an extremely vital part of the modern digital marketer’s toolkit. A landing page is the place where a website visitor transforms into a lead, or a current lead engages more profoundly with your brand. These landing pages play a significant role for your website; therefore you must run A/B tests to reap maximum benefits from them. A high performing landing page could have a remarkable impact on your business, therefore you must quickly test the website copy, images, form questions, content offer and web-page design.
• Develop Workflows For Your Sales Team: There are numerous automated workflows that you can develop which your colleagues in sales department will thank you for. Do you have an idea that you can send emails on behalf of the sales reps, so that the leads can book a meeting with them in just few clicks? Or that your sales reps can receive the email notification as a lead takes few high intent actions like browsing through the pricing page on your website? All of this and a lot more is possible through marketing automation.
• Add Messages To the High-Converting Web-Pages: For amplifying the conversions, digital marketers must add messaging abilities to the high-performing web-pages like pricing or product pages, so that the leads get converted rather than just leave.
• Leverage Retargeting Process For Re-Engaging Website Visitors: It does not matter what exactly your key conversion metric is. What matters the most is that people on your website do not take the desired actions that you want them to. Through leveraging retargeting, digital marketers can re-engage individuals who have left your website. Retargeting works wonders through tracking visitors towards your website and serving them with online advertisements as they visit other websites online. This is extremely impactful as you retarget customers that visit high-converting web-pages, however, the standard inbound rules will still apply- create a unique content, an appealing image and a convincing offer to retarget the customers to work with you.
There are numerous effective Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) strategies out there to try hands on in 2018, but eventually, you must find out what exactly your target customers respond to and what drives the desired results for your company.
TOP 5 Reasons Why Content Marketing Is Important For Your Marketing Efforts
Relentlessly screeching to seize the attention of potential and targeted customers, online businesses of all sizes and from all niches are competing with loads of noise. Consumers are trimming down the clutter through fast-forwarding TV shows, ad-free digital radio subscriptions, blocking ads with software and personalizing their social media feeds.
To avoid given a slow pass by the online audiences or getting ignored, professional digital marketers should create messages that their targeted online audience desires to see. When the companies interact with their customers through delivering them relevant information rather than offering a sales pitch, the targeted consumer will surely listen. Through doing this your message and your brand will no longer be an disturbance, rather a valued information provider.
This tactic is called “CONTENT MARKETING”, which requires digital marketers to constantly create and distribute information that is valuable and appropriate to those individuals into a business’s target audience. Eventually, the objective is to use your content to attract a customer for doing business with your company, buy your offerings and retain customers.
Read on the five specific reasons why you require a content marketing as an integral part of your overall marketing strategy NOW!
Check Out the TOP 5 Reasons Why Content Marketing Is Important For Your Marketing Efforts:
1. Build Credibility: Online audiences are getting increasingly contemptuous and they know exactly while a brand endeavors to sell them a marketing message or make disgraceful claims. Millions of online users make use of ad-blockers in their browsers and smart phones in 2018.
The key to reduce that doubt is through building credibility. If businesses can prove to their online audience that you are a reliable and valuable source of information then, you have reached halfway to win their trust and garner their attention.
Blogs play a significant role in content marketing and are one of the most credible and reliable sources of information online. Through adding value to each piece of content you publish online, businesses can become an important and credible source in your industry and before you even know it, your audience will start sharing your content and your business will get massive online exposure.
2. Establish a Web Traffic Flow: How do customers that don’t know about your brand discover about you? Marketing is the best approach, but it’s pricey and undergoes from the above explained credibility difficulty. Rather, why not concentrate on everyone’s preferred websites? Here we are speaking about search engines and SEO is one the most effective digital marketing strategies online.
If you can find your website right at the top on the SERPs of top search engines like Google and Bing then, you will surely observe a flow of sustainable and organic web traffic towards your website soon. Content marketing is the best technique to reach there with your blog and web content, you can concentrate on long-tail keywords which your online audiences often searches for, and gradually boost your search engine rankings on those keywords with time and brings in long-lasting exposure to your business.
3. Nurture and Enhance Your Network: Every digital marketer knows that a single message would not encourage your targeted audience to quickly become your customers. Rather, they require balanced online exposure of your brand and content at regular intervals of time and with effective content marketing, you can easily reach there.
Firstly, develop content proposed to leave your targeted audiences demanding for more of the same. Then, convince and encourage them to sign up for more, either via an email subscription or a call-to-action which leads to opened content. The more organic and natural will be the follow up, the more expected your target audience will follow you along.
After some time, share free content and assure them to share more high-quality content in only a sign up away will considerably boost your lead generation. The more opportunities you have to offer them with your content that they want to read, the more liable they would be to finally become customers.
4. Elucidate Your Value Proposals: Particularly, if your offerings require more than one sentence to explicate to your audience, content marketing can provide another precious benefit. Instead of getting restricted to a marketing message, you can make use of blog posts, infographics, whitepapers and videos to explicate exactly how your brand can be your audience.
If you cannot temporarily explain that how your product solves an audience’s problem then, you might too stop making efforts. But if your companies have already established flourishing approaches to interact a more comprehensively message to your audience, you may use similar digital channels for space in elucidating the primary value proposition and advantages of your business.
You require building strong buying personas prior to getting engaged in marketing. Placing your message and business value proposition, you require knowing who you are speaking to. Take some time to build these personas through getting indulged in customer surveys, data mining of present customers and internal thinking sessions. Then take this data and carve your messaging accordingly.
5. Establish a Strong Digital Marketing Base: Eventually, your content marketing endeavors must not require being an objective unto their own. Rather, they can act as the backbone of a more comprehensive marketing approach which encompasses your entire digital efforts.
The same fundamental content standards can stimulate your website, social media presence and e-mail marketing approach. Businesses can even take out content pieces from one digital channel and then use them in another.
Additionally, content must act as a lead-generating tool for your business. By effective emails, businesses can easily nurture their leads further to capitalize on your customer acquirement efforts. Eventually, through offering high-quality and elite content to existing customers and businesses can amplify their customer retention rate. Above everything, content marketing is very cost-effective.
Simply commencing a business blog, creating opened content and growing your social media presence could be achieved with a lot of efforts. Particularly startups merely commencing out, you require finding the right approach to insert yourself into industry interactions without spending much. This is what makes content marketing a perfect fit for your business.
Understanding the key why’s and how’s is essential to find out the way of your content marketing strategy. That is the reason why businesses cannot stress enough just how essential it is to build an exceptional approach for your brand. This would save a lot of time and irritation in future, and allow you to attain concrete outcomes within a reasonable tenure of time.
Top 5 Reasons Why Video Marketing Is Important For Your Marketing Efforts
2017 has been a revolutionary year for digital marketers and Video Marketing . As per the latest stats, around 63% of online businesses have commenced making use of video marketing and around 82% of online businesses believe that video marketing is an extremely significant part of their digital marketing strategy.
Video is emerging and evolving speedily and will surely reach new horizons of success way sooner than web marketers think and helps them attain a higher ROI in 2018 and beyond. But if you have not used this technique properly till now then, you may still have certain doubts like- whether it is actually worth using videos for marketing your business online? Or do you have adequate resources to build and use video content in your digital marketing?
The answer is very simple: Yes, it is definitely worth it. Video is one of the most resourceful and cost-effective digital marketing approaches. Read on to know the 5 reasons why digital marketers must make use of video marketing NOW.
Check Out the Top 5 Reasons Why Video Marketing Is Important For Your Marketing Efforts:
1. Audiences Adore Watching Videos: It is no more a secret for web marketers that audiences spend one-third of online activity time to watch videos that showcases an average of 32.3 videos per month. It is quite easy to recognize why individuals adore videos so much- they are very enjoyable and simple to watch and understand.
Individuals perceive businesses that make use of videos to be more savvy and fascinating compared to those which don’t use it. This speedily rising zeal amongst people to watch videos does not change for online stores: Around 30% of online buyers want more videos from ecommerce websites that includes detailed product descriptions, customer testimonials and tutorials.
To make individuals watch your video, you require concentrating on engagement, which means you need to create videos that are fascinating, enjoyable and simple to understand. This encourages individuals to watch the entire video and amplifies the chances of people getting influenced through it. It is extremely significant to make your videos load properly.
2. Video Generates Better and More Organic Web Traffic: Organic traffic acts as one of the biggest drivers of online audiences to any online store. Organizations invest a lot of time and money to get connected to high-quality websites.
Doing so can assist online stores amplify the authority of their website, that in turn, will assist them amplify their position in the search engine rank pages and the amount of organic web traffic they receive. The higher the website quality in the eyes of top search engines, the more it would be able to attract organic web traffic. Top search engines analyze the quality of your website through one key metric that is its bounce rate.
If a website drives its online visitors away soon after browsing through a website, top search engines conclude that website is of low quality. Those websites which can keep their online visitors for a long time tend to rank higher on the top search engines.
If businesses can manage to trim down the bounce rate of their website then, they can drive more organic web traffic. Engaging your online visitors with your ecommerce store is one of the best approaches to trim down your bounce rate. Since, videos have very high levels of engagement and help your website attract more organic web traffic.
Prior to making use video marketing for your store, you should be able to differentiate between two types of videos- firstly there are sales-focused videos that comprise product demos, customer testimonials and marketing videos. These videos work wonders, but only after a customer is all set to make a purchase. Secondly, there are engagement-centric videos that aim to educate visitors and make them know more about your company and its products and services.
3. Audiences Use Videos to Know More about Your Offerings: As an entrepreneur, you get amazed but not affected with the increasing significance of videos and engagement. We all know that individuals like watching videos, but how does that positively impact your business? Businesses want visitors to understand and think about your offerings and purchase them, not just enjoy watching them and up vote them on YouTube.
Videos play an extremely vital role in the buying-decision process. Nearly 98% of the visitors adore watching explainer videos to know more about different products and services and are helpful in the purchase decision process.
The key reason why numerous visitors adore watching videos has a profound relationship with the way video affects in what manner they process and comprehend the data. Visitors that watch videos retain around 95% of a message in comparison to 10% while they read it through text.
As per the latest study performed by Google, nearly 50% of web users search videos associated to a product or service prior to visiting a store. The massive power videos have in the buying decision process explains the reason why 93% of companies that make use of videos believe that it has amplified user understanding about their offerings which affects their conversion rates.
4. Video Generates More Conversions: As videos have a massive impact in the buying decision process, it is quite obvious it will assist you boost your conversion rates. Nearly all visitors that have watched an explainer video for understanding more about a product or service finally purchased it. That same study found 77% of consumers say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video and engage with your brand.
Online buyers that have viewed demo videos are more likely to buy your products and services compared to the non-viewers. The higher probability of individuals purchasing a product all thanks to videos assist in increasing the conversion rate significantly- websites which make use of videos have a conversion rate of around 4.8%, than 2.9% for those that don’t make use of videos and around 76% of companies which use videos strongly believe that it will deliver them a higher ROI.
5. Web Marketers Thinks Videos Are Extremely Useful: Visitors adore videos and it can assist you draw more web traffic and attain more conversions. But have you thought what do web marketers think about your video? Yes, they do! Nearly 87% of web marketers make use of video content to nurture their businesses, while few others believe that videos are an extremely important part of their digital marketing strategy.
While reading this post, you may have found numerous facts which have proven the amplifying power of video marketing for any online business. Video marketing assists your targeted consumers know more about your business, brand and your offerings and leave a huge impact on your buyer’s decision-making process.
Over the last couple of years, video has taken over the marketing world. And why not? For businesses, video is currently one of the best channels to make their product or service stand out in front of the right audience. For one, people love watching videos. A well-made video can connect with and engage viewers more than any other form of content. Mediapost recently reported that global consumers now watch five hours of video on a daily basis.
Savvy marketers and businesses are leveraging the growing viewership of video to generate awareness, reputation, and trust for their brands. According to a survey by Wyzowl, 63% of businesses have started using video as a marketing tool. And, 83% of them believe video marketing generates a good ROI.
Businesses using video
63% of businesses are using video as a marketing tool.
Out of those…
82% of businesses feel video is an important part of their marketing strategy.
99% of businesses will continue to use video throughout 2017.
82% of businesses will be spending more on video in 2017.
83% of businesses believe that video gives them a good ROI.
If you haven’t jumped on the video marketing bandwagon yet, here are three compelling reasons for you to do so.
1. Attract Audience Attention
Gaining the attention of your audience is undoubtedly one of the most challenging parts of marketing. Add to it the fact that they are being constantly bombarded with tons of marketing messages almost every minute. If you are still sending your prospects another long sales emails, expect them to be ignored and worse, sent to the trash folder.
The truth is, your audience may not want to read text-based content such as product descriptions, landing pages, ebooks or white papers. Of course, there are certain cases where text content may be more effective—for example, B2B buyers typically prefer doing more in-depth research before making purchase decisions.
According to Animoto, a product video has 4X more chances of being watched than read about in text. Clearly, video marketing can help your brand stand out from the rest, allowing you to be noticed by your prospects.
2. Get Loved by Search Engines
Search engines always reward content that engages viewers. And, video tops the list for content marketing mediums that offer maximum engagement. MarketingSherpa reports that people visiting a website spend double the amount of time if it has a video. When a visitor spends more time on your site, search engines take it as a signal that they have found your site useful. As an important ranking factor, this determines your position on SERPs. This is why it is a great idea to have an explainer video or a product video on your home page or landing pages.
Not only this, currently YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google. Therefore, if you upload a video on YouTube as well as your website, it can dramatically improve your visibility and chances of showing up on search results.
3. Increase Conversions and Sales
Statistics show that by simply adding a product video on your landing page, you can increase conversions by 80%. Not just that, video can also generate sales. It has been found that nearly 74% of consumers who bought a product had watched an explainer video about it prior to purchase.
The thing is, when it comes to actual buying, people prefer looking at a product than reading about it. This is why more conversions happen when a consumer sees a photo. And, the chances get even better when they get to see how the product is being used.
Technology is making video marketing more widespread and cost-effective. Instead of needing professional-grade cameras and expensive tools, it’s now possible to create a good video using just your cellphone camera. Because of such ease and affordability, more businesses will include video in their marketing repertoire in the coming years. Clearly, if you are not leveraging video now, you are missing out on a powerful opportunity to grow your brand, connect with your audience, and get ahead of your competitors